Internal Quality Assurance Courses (Educational Management)
Do you want to make sure all your assessors are working to the same standard? Do you want to gain a recognition for your experience of internal verification work? Are you sure your Quality Assurance Systems are up to standards? Don't want to hire a costly freelance Internal Verifier? Get qualified as an IQA / IV yourself!
Level 4 Internal Quality Assurance course has three units. In the first unit of this course you will understand the importance of quality assurance along with the concept and principles of internal quality assurance and how to plan its techniques. This means that you will learn all of the criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally to maintain and improve the quality and to manage information relevant to the assessment.
Unit two of this course will introduce you to the ways in which one can plan the internal quality assurance of assessment, internally evaluate the quality of assessment, to internally maintain, manage and improve the quality of assessment. After doing this course you will be fully qualified to implement a successful and robust Quality Assurance System in your institution.
By the end of this course you will be able to be able to produce a work plan for your own area of management responsibility, allocate and agree responsibilities with management team, monitor the progress and quality of work and provide feedback, and review and amend plans of work for you and your staff as well as communicate changes.
This course is one of the most important courses in Pakistan as it will teach you about the legal and good practice requirements for the internal quality assurance of assessment with which you will be able to monitor the progress and quality of work in educational management. You will also study your responsibilities with team members, to examine priorities, amend changes, and communicate with them to achieve the success criteria.
The Level 4 Awards and Certificate in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment are available for all candidates who fulfill the following criteria set by the Awarding Organisations:
Age range: 19+
Core skills: (English, Maths) At least to A Levels standard.
Access to Internet using a laptop / pc / tablet using up to date Windows, Android or Apple operating systems.
Access to two assessors, assessing two of their own learners each (for Unit 2 only). We can arrange access to assessors for people who are not working as internal verifiers yet.
- Understand the context and principles of internal quality assurance
- Explain the functions of internal quality assurance in learning and development
- Explain the key concepts and principles of the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Explain the roles of practitioners involved in the internal and external quality assurance process
- Explain the regulations and requirements for internal quality assurance in own area of practice
- Understand how to plan the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Evaluate the importance of planning and preparing internal quality assurance activities
- Explain what an internal quality assurance plan should contain
- Summarise the preparations that need to be made for internal quality assurance, including:
- Information collection
- Administrative arrangements
- Understand techniques and criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally
- Evaluate different techniques for sampling evidence of assessment, including use of technology
- Explain the appropriate criteria to use for judging the quality of the assessment process
- Understand how to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Summarise the types of feedback, support and advice that assessors may need to maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Explain standardization requirements in relation to assessment
- Explain relevant procedures regarding disputes about the quality of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Evaluate requirements for information management, data protection and confidentiality in relation to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements for the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Evaluate legal issues, policies and procedures relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment, including those for health, safety and welfare
- Evaluate different ways in which technology can contribute to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Explain the value of reflective practice and continuing professional development in relation to internal quality assurance
- Evaluate requirements for equality and diversity and, where appropriate, bilingualism in relation to the internal quality assurance of assessment
Your tutor will conduct a detailed personalised 1:1 initial assessment/interview with you before you begin your Level 4 Certificate in Education. During this interview you will discuss and agree:
- Optional units that are best suited to your skills, qualifications, experience, current/potential job, goals and interests
- Personal Development Plan / Individual Learning Log
- Skillscan to examine your current work-based evidence already being produced during your regular work activities
- Learning outcomes of all the compulsory and optional units you choose to match them with your existing work-based evidence
- Recognition of Prior Learning, Credit Transfers and/or Exemptions that can be claimed, if any
- Proportional discounts if any Credit Transfers can be made!
Unit 1: Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
2 x Reflective Journal entries and 1 x essay-style assignment
Assignments can be presented in the format of tables,
Work documents can be used instead of theory assignments e.g. IQA reports, policies, procedures, verification records etc
Unit 2: Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
Work documents including:
1 x internal quality assurance plan, quality assurance / verification evidence, IQA feedback and report, management of all the data.
Wherever possible we will work with you to fulfill the assessment criteria using your existing work evidence.